Church of Moiton Exists...
All throughout the Bible you can see that God wants His people to grow in four specific areas, and we would love for you to experience them with us at COM. Below you’ll see all four, and how we’ve structured our church to help take you on this journey that God desires for your life.
More than just practicing religion, God wants to have a personal relationship with you. Sunday services are where we help people know God, and we’d love for you to join us this Sunday. To learn more about our Sunday Services Click Here.
God’s process for you to experience freedom begins with having the right people in your life. He designed us for community, and connecting in Motion Groups is how we find life-changing relationships at COM. To learn more about connecting to a Motion Group, Click Here.
You are an important part of God’s plan, and your life will never make sense until you discover your purpose. The Discover Events are made up of four fun, engaging, and interactive classes designed to help you take this important step. To learn more about our Discover Events Click Here.
This is God’s ultimate plan for your life. When you make a positive impact on other people’s lives with the strengths God has given you, it is then that you can experience the full life He wants for you. Through the Dream Team, we hope to connect every person to an opportunity to live their calling by serving others. To learn more about the Dream Team, Click Here.
“Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.” – Philippians 2:2 (NLT)
• We believe what our city, nation, and world needs is a relationship with Jesus Christ. We’re all sinners in need of a savior!
• Christ is the foundation in which COM is built on, and He is the cornerstone of our faith.
• In everything we do, we want to lift up Jesus, because we believe that when people encounter His presence, their life is transformed.
• His presence, power, and love break every stronghold in our life, and all oppression has to cease in His name.
• We believe freedom, joy, peace, and fulfillment are found in Jesus alone.
• We do not see prayer as a last resort, but as a first response.
• We believe that the battle is won in the spiritual first, so we start by fighting the right battle, against the right enemy through prayer.
• We believe in the power of prayer and pray over every person, decision, meeting, opportunity, need, etc, and hear from God before we move forward.
• Our prayers play a powerful role in our life and in the life of others.
• We believe our prayer language, which is available to every believer who has been baptized in the Holy Spirit, is one of the greatest weapons we have against the enemy.
• As disciples, we are becoming more like Christ everyday.
• We know our greatest calling is to go and make Disciples of Christ.
• We believe through Christ baptizing us in the Holy Spirit, and daily surrendering to His leading, we’re given the power to live out this calling.
• It is a spiritual impossibility to be following Christ, and not be making disciples.
• The Kingdom of God is about multiplication. We multiply by raising up disciples who make disciples.
• Discipleship is a marathon, not a sprint. We will be patient with people as they learn and grow.
• We’re in this together and we’re better together. We can accomplish so much more being unified as His Church.
• The enemy’s strategy in the church is division.
• We are unified under the purpose God has given Pastors David and Brooke (and the leadership team) for COM, and every decision we make as a church lines up with this purpose.
• We are a church of participants, which means we don't show up to consume, but to contribute to purpose God has given our church.
• We believe every person in our church has been given unique gifts by God to serve others and help make COM all that God has intended it to be.
• We do not get caught up arguing over the non-essentials, that we miss what’s most important (the essentials).
• We truly love each other, and see each other as more than just people attending the same church, but as family.
• We intentionally do life with one another.
• We are a team. A win for one of us, is a win for all of us.
• We have a “no gossip” culture. We always fill in the gaps with love, trust, and grace.
• We believe God has specifically called us to the city of Sarasota to reach the 312k that are disconnected from Christ and His Church.
• We want to see our city “turned upside down” for Christ. Sarasota will be a better place because we are here.
• Generosity is a byproduct of love. We will be the most generous people in our city.
• We will fight for our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, classmates, etc.
• We are inviters. We are constantly inviting the people of our city to COM, believing if we can get people in the power and presence of God, He will change their lives.
• We are grateful that God has called us be His Church in one of most beautiful cities in the world!
• We live in and lead out of the agape love of God. This love has no boundaries or limits, and is too great to be measured. This love does not have conditions or one bit of selfishness.
• We desire His love to be brought to full expression and be made complete in and through us.
• The Church should be the most loving place on planet earth.
• We believe His love is what leads people to repentance, and it’s this agape love that casts off every chain and restraint that the enemy tries to hold us back with.
• We see people for the potential they have in Christ. We believe that if a person is still breathing, God is not done with them. If they have a pulse, they have a purpose.
• We will believe what God can do in someone, even when they don’t yet believe it for themselves.
• We believe Jesus came to set every captive free, and to break every chain that holds us back from God’s plan for our life.
• We believe God still performs miracles today, and anything is possible in His power and presence.
• We believe the hope of the future of our nation lies within how well the church impacts and invests in the next generation.
• We are passionate about the whole family loving their church.
• We heavily resource our kids and student ministries.
• Our desire is that the next generation would be able to stand on our shoulders and take the church to places we never dreamt it could have gone.
• We create environments that kids will love, so they can experience a loving God, and live out their purpose.
• We love and empower kids/students to become the leaders in their generation that God created them to be.
• We create environments where kids and students can learn about Jesus on their level.
• We empower the parent(s)/guardian(s) to create a godly home and raise their children up God’s way.
• We put a high focus on outreach in our local schools.
• We desire our kids/students to be just as much a part of the family at COM as anyone.
• We believe the world has out-partied the church for way too long.
• We’re celebrating lives being changed for all eternity.
• We’re going to celebrate who God is and what He is doing in our local church, and the church around the world.
• We show up with an “Attitude of Gratitude” that we get to be a part of this move of God.
• The tomb is empty! This is why our services are full of passionate worship and celebration.
• We believe every Christian is called into full time ministry, and our role as the leadership of COM is to empower and equip them to fulfill this calling.
• We help people discover the power and potential of the Spirit that lives in them.
• We believe the great commission will only be completed when we as leaders and overseers get serious about sending people out to do what they were called to do – and they get serious about doing it.
• We believe that every person has a circle of influence that God has purposely put them in.
• We constantly look for ways to create leadership development at COM.
• One of the greatest ways to begin leading at COM is through our Motion Groups.
• We live God first lives. We keep Jesus first and supreme in every area of our life.
• We make sure our relationship with God comes first, then our spouse, children, and the ministry we oversee/participate in.
• We know that if our lives and households aren’t healthy, our ministry will not be healthy.
• We believe healthy churches are the byproduct of healthy leaders.
• We believe when we put Jesus first, He holds all things together in our life.
• We will be faithful stewards of what God has entrusted us with (people, resources, time, etc) in each season of our lives.
• We believe every gift, talent, and resource was given to us to serve God and others.
• We will never use excuses like “if I had more of…” or “we will get better when…”
• We know God calls us to excellence, and excellence is doing the best we can with what we have right now.
• “We do not have an org chart, we have a care chart.” We care more about the person, than the part they play.
• We set up good processes and structure in every area of our church to make sure we are stewarding God’s resources well.
• We freely give honor to those above us, beside us and under us because of the calling and potential God has placed inside of them.
• We see honor not based on what someone deserves, but on the decision we’ve made in advance, to honor God by honoring all His people.
• We always use a language of honor. The words we use and the way we say things makes a big difference.
• We focus on each other’s gifts, rather than weaknesses.
• We actively look for creative ways and opportunities to honor each other.
• We intentionally honor our Pastors (Pastors David and Brooke), and each other in front of others to create an expectation and culture of honor.
Sarasota is an estimated 80% unchurched. This means out of the 390,000 people living in Sarasota County, 312,000 are not connected to a church. The vast majority of Americans are spiritually restless. The numbers are even greater among those between the ages of 18-34. There is a spiritual unrest, a dissatisfaction and overwhelming exodus from the traditional church. To put it simply: Normal Just Isn’t Working. Quite frankly, most people just don’t like church. That’s unfortunate, but we’re convinced that it doesn’t have to stay that way.
We believe that church can be fun and exciting, innovative and creative, powerful and inspiring, engaging and relational. We love our city, we've been called to our city, and we have such a passion to see people changed by Jesus that they may live out their God given purpose. Our desire is to see the 312,000 connected to a life giving church and experiencing the joy, hope, and peace that comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ. We'd love for you to join us in this mission God has called us to!