Motion Groups have one, simple purpose: to bring people together. We believe God created us to live in relationship with others and only then can we live the full life He intends for us. Sharing life through community is part of our design, but meaningful relationships aren’t always easy to find. That’s why small groups exist—to make these life-changing relationships relevant and accessible to you. At COM, we like to say it like this; "We're Better Together".
What if we told you that you can have a group of people where you're truly known and loved. People who encourage you, pray for you, walk through rough times with you, celebrate victories with you, grow with you, and a group of people that you can do life with. Sounds awesome doesn't it? Our Motion Groups provide an environment for this to happen. Motion Groups are small groups of people who meet together on a regular basis at church, in homes, coffee shops, sports fields, playgrounds, businesses, etc. Our passion is to see every person in our church known, loved, cared for, protected, growing, and encouraged. We hope you will join a group and fully believe it will take your walk with Christ to the next level. In fact, you'll never fully experience all COM has to offer until you connect in a Motion Group.
We have two types of Motion Groups: FREE-MARKET AND LIFE GROUPS
• The Free-Market Groups incorporate any life-giving activity that is of interest or enjoyment to the group leader, and ideally, others as well.
• Groups are broken into 10 Categories: Men’s Groups, Women’s Groups, Freedom Groups, Marriage/Family Groups, Co-Ed Groups, Recreational Groups, Prayer Groups, Outreach Groups, Students/ Young Adults Groups, and Financial Groups.
• Free-Market Groups meet in three semesters. Spring, Summer, and Fall. The Spring and Fall Semesters are 13 weeks long. The Summer Semester is 6 weeks long. By doing groups in semesters, it provides you with the opportunity to explore different groups, or join groups at any time.
• Life Groups are ongoing meaning they do not have a start or stop date, but can take breaks throughout the year.
• Life-Groups meet weekly and function as both life after Sunday groups (applying Sunday’s message to our everyday lives), or Bible study/open-ended curriculum groups.
CLICK HERE to view our spring semester groups and join the one of your choice.
Leading a small group isn’t about being perfect; it’s about serving others by giving them a place to connect. Hosting a group is simple—choose a topic that interests you and select a time and location to meet with others to share it. We give you essential tools to make your small group successful through Leadership Training and a directory where you can register your group so others can find it easily. We believe people’s lives are changed one semester at a time by moving one step toward Christ, and as a small group leader you get to play an important role in that process.
If you have any questions about groups, email Kavita at firstname.lastname@example.org